For one of our clients, an international law firm in Woluwe, we are currently looking for a Compensation & Benefits Officer with experience.
As Compensation & Benefits Officer you will be responsible for all compensation & benefits related matters. You will work in close collaboration with the external payroll provider and the HR officers for staff and lawyers. The Compensation & Benefits Officer reports to the Head of Human Resources. The successful candidate will join our client's Brussels office and will occasionally be asked to work from the Antwerp office.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the monthly payment of the fees and salaries;
- You will be the HR contact person for queries about insurances for lawyers and staff;
- You will follow up on the collaboration with our external payroll provider;
- You will be the HR contact person for questions about social legislation (leave of absence, maternity leave,…), subscription public transport, lease cars;
- You will ensure that compensation practices are compliant with the current legislation;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the total compensation and benefits package is competitive and reflective of the market and providing change proposals when needed (with input from Recruitment);
- You will be involved in the yearly HR budget process, preparing estimates and flagging potential areas of change;
- You will liaise directly with the Head of Finance on individual cases and individual matters;
- You will participate in Comp & Ben related HR projects, such as the fee and salary study.
- You have a Master's degree with relevant experience;
- You have a first experience, preferably gained in a professional services industry;
- You have an excellent command of French, Dutch and English;
- You have a strong client focus and show discretion in dealing with sensitive information;
- You have excellent personal time management skills and are able to meet deadlines;
- You have solid IT skills, strong Excel skills in particular;
- You enjoy working and contributing to a team but you are also capable of working autonomously in a highly professional environment;
- You are flexible, accurate and proactive.
What we offer
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with an international dimension. Our client greatly values their unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. In this firm, positive attitude matters. They believe it defines the way in which they work, both with clients and colleagues.
Working in a team, you will have a challenging professional support role and room for personal development. Our client offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience.